* Palladium gained 5.7% to $3,172.19 per ounce, as of 0158 GMT, after hitting an all-time excessive at $3,172.22 earlier within the session.
* Russia accounts for 40% of worldwide manufacturing of the auto-catalyst steel, utilized by automakers in catalytic converters to curb emissions.
* Preventing stopped about 200,000 individuals from evacuating the besieged Ukrainian metropolis of Mariupol for a second day in a row on Sunday, as Russian President Vladimir Putin vowed to press forward together with his invasion until Kyiv surrendered.
* Netflix, a worldwide streaming leisure service, prime accounting companies KPMG and PwC and monetary companies agency American Specific on Sunday minimize ties with Russia as that nation’s battle with Ukraine escalated.
* Ukraine will ask the United Nations’ prime court docket on Monday to concern an emergency ruling requiring Russia to cease its invasion, arguing that Moscow’s justification for the assault relies on a defective interpretation of genocide regulation.
* Spot gold was up 1.5% to $1,998.37 per ounce, after scaling a 1-1/2-year peak of $2,000.69 earlier. U.S. gold futures rose 1.7% to $2,000.20.
* Holding of the world’s largest gold-backed exchange-traded fund, SPDR Gold Belief, rose 0.4% to 1,054.3 tonnes on Friday – their highest since mid-March 2021.
* Rising home gold costs delay patrons in prime Asian hubs final week as others waited on the sidelines with a detailed eye on the Russia-Ukraine battle, whereas Hong Kong’s COVID-19 curbs additional dampened urge for food.
* Spot silver gained 1.7% to $26.09 per ounce, whereas platinum jumped 2.3% to $1,147.19.